Gray Taxidermy - Continuing to perfect the Art of Mounting Fish

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Just one of those days

Today we set out deep-sea fishing aboard the Hooked Up with Jussi, Anton, Jukka, Sara and Jan all from Helsinki, Finland.
We started out trolling the reef with 2 planner boards running about 45 feet down and 3 baits skipping across the surface. We started out trolling our way to the south about 3 miles with not so much as a bite. Ok so than we worked our way off shore and only managed to catch one little black fin tuna.

It was just one of those days where we just could not seem to get anything to bite.
To make matters even worse this was one of the nicest families I’ve meet in a long time. They just kept says that they were just happy being out in the boat and the more they said that the worse I felt.

Ok that was enough of that and I made a corporate decision. I called them all up on the fly bridge with me and told them about these little fish we could catch and then once we got back to the dock I could get this restaurant to cook them up for them.

Once again they were just fine with whatever we wanted to do. So in came the trolling gear and out came the chicken rigs.(Chicken rig has 5 hooks in a row with a lead at the bottom)
I went to one of my bottom spots that I had not fished on for a long time and the second the lead hit the bottom I knew I had made the right choice.
Not only were the snappers biting but they were all pretty big one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment